RE: (TFT) Reliability of flickering Gates

R Smith wrote:

>"Hey
>gates only fail on a 18, that's a 1/216 chance of
>failure.  We can build a set of gates in a
>warehouse with a good wizard in the middle.  They
>will last long enough for him and his apprentice
>to run that far, and still have time to cast the
>spell twice incase he fails on the first try.  We
>can then put this trade family out of business..."

This suggests to me:

Angry trade family
Stealthy wizard or thief/Ninja type character (PC or NPC)
Gate Lock

	Sooner or later, that warehouse would become the setting for an
adventure. Considering the amount of money potentially involved, perhaps a
battleground. Remember, the Gate Lock would take down not only the primary
Gates, but their backups as well. Lots of travel to restore the network,
lots of opportunity for "accidents" to happen to travellers.
	And as soon as it's back up and working again...
	Maybe Gate Locks get hidden in a tunnel just under the warehouse,
so Gate spells cast in that spot in the warehouse appear *never* to work
(they work, they just get disspelled immediately).
							- Mark