Re: (TFT) Staff spell? --> Wizard vs. Fighter balance

--- ErolB1@aol.com wrote:

> >    However, where does this end?  Staff nunchuks,
> > staff spears, staff maces?  Would it not be
> logical
> > to rule that ANY largely wooden weapon can be
> boosted
> > for +1 die of damage by casting a staff on it?

Canon does not provide for +1d6 damage.  This seems to
be missed a lot judging on the discussion, so pardon
me, but:

CANON DOES NOT PROVIDE FOR +1d6 DAMAGE FROM A 'STAFF'
SPELL.

Beg your pardon, had to be done.

Canon allows the Staff spell to be cast on 'any wooden
object', and that object then becomes a magical weapon
doing 1d6 damage.

The object can be a wand, staff, wooden ring,
jewel-box lid, whatever.  Anything that doesn't
ordinarily do damage is empowered to do 1d6.

The Codex Q&A says that Staff ON A QUARTERSTAFF gives
2+0.  This means that a guy with a 'two-handed' club
that happens to be shaped like a quarterstaff, who
happens to have the Quarterstaff Talent, and Staff
spell, can do 2+0.  He has to swing the thing, like a
Quarterstaff, and then I would guess the Staff spell
makes it hit better.

Relax a bit, would you, folks?  Nothing's on fire, here.