Re:Re:(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #468

---- "David Michael Grouchy II"<david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> writes:
   Interesting point.  But it gives me a clear picture of the group that
could do it.  The wizard's guild.  Just make the requirement for a branch
office, or satalite lab, that it have a gate to the main hall.  They could
have an all-moot once a month.  That's when they do expensive wizard
trading.
   Time for items.  Sometimes you need thirty two IQ 14 wizards for a sword
upgrade.  I remember an in depth thread about "why are there guilds at all/
what use are they?"  A mule, a cart, and the old wizard, to go set up a new
guild hall.  So the building a wizard lab traditionaly cost 10,000 TFT all
the way back to "The First Fantasy Campaign".  I guess this building, by
definition would be a gate receiving/control point.  The wizard's guild is
the biggest gate controling network on the planet.

   David Michael Grouchy II

David,
     I never thought of it that way, but you are right.  The guild deals in EXACTLY the kind of HIGH value low volume trade information exchange and travel that would make a gate nexus valuable.  Plus if the gate hopping for item creation and the Allmoot is scheduled well there will always be plenty of wizards around to fix a flickering gate.
  I believe the guild in Fenwick city is about to begin a small construction project.

John