Re: (TFT) Too simple / not as simple or elegant... Survey --> My thoughts

Spell Prerequisites:
What GURPS did sucked!!!  Huge
long lists of useless spells to get to the
spells that you wanted.

OH NO! I did not mean to imply that one should follow GURPS
exactly! Not by any stretch!

I just might not mind if, in order to learn fireball one has
to learn one hex fire and magic fist.

I have to step in and make my vote here. I feel like adding prereq's is just adding burdens to the players. Any prereq should add value to the player. Make them inclusive to the higer spell instead, like 1, 3, and 7 hex fire. For instance by learning fireball, even without the prereq's, one can cast either of the prereq's for that spell. And if they already have one them when they get to the IQ for fireball they automatically pick up fireball and the other prereq. I find players are all in favor this type of prereq. They can effectively list more abilities on their character sheet with less information. Wizard's wrath can be used to describe a whole slew of spells. One player favored a killer B flat, litteraly a musical note. And I have found that combining spell access like that enhances the images they describe in their spell casting.

  David Michael Grouchy II