RE: (TFT) ... elegant --> Survey --> Questioning DMG2.

Written by David Michael Grouchy II
>>- What are the top 3 things that TFT does right.
>
>   Cumulative spells: 7-hex fire includes, 3-hex, 1-hex, torch lighting,
>cigar lighting, beard lighting.

>- What are the top 3 things that TFT OVER SIMPLIFIES.
>
>   Character sheets.  The game is genius at fitting on an index card.  And
>still providing a full range of differentiation.
>
>   Enchanted weapon descriptions.  A flaming great sword with mage sight.
>Or, an invisible mage sight cloak of DX+5.  These summations speak volumes
>me as I consider the cumulative ingredients that went into making them.
>
>   The passage of time.  It's true.  I saw them.  Three players once worked
>sixteen consecutive years.  They kept dying.  But they were actually having
>fun.  Till they started getting old.  But son of a gun if they didn't do
>quite well on their quests, starting out with so many points and all.

	Hi David,
	I am a bit confused.  It sounds like the
above things are advantages.  Unless you don't
like Flaming Swords with Mage Sight.  What
exactly do you mean here?

>>- What are the top 3 things that TFT does in a TOO COMPLICATED WAY.
>>

>   Allowing player input.  TFT is excellent in giving players countless
ways
>to express their characters.  So many that I don't think they can be
>exhausted in their various combinations.
>
>   Putting responsibilities on the GM.  ITL is full of tons of sound advice
>and direction for the GM.  Including layered interaction with the
>characters, through Active Talents like Alertness, and secret GM rolls on
>behalf of the characters.  Much better than Guy Gax's meandering authority.
>
>   multiple characters for each player in one huge melee.  TFT rules this
>area.  No other system can handle so many complications so quickly.
>

>   David Michael Grouchy II

	Are you making the point that you are happy
with all aspect of TFT?

	Rick