Re: (TFT) TFT House Rules

--- Stan <srydzews@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Re: separating fatigure and hit points - why?  all
> this really does is give a bonus to wizards.  It
> also doesn't help with the bodybuilder-wizard
> syndrome, since FT = ST under this scheme.  Why not
> allow fatigue as a secondary stat/superscript on ST?

I have to side with Stan here.  One wrinkle, though:

If you meant that a 10 'ST' Wizard can cast 6 FT in
spells, then take 6 HP in damage, and be unconscious,
but not dead, then it's not so bad.  He still can't
cast more spells, he just doesn't die so easily.
Warriors would find this handy, too, if ever Fatigue
were tracked for things like fighting in armor or
carrying heavy loads, etc.  And you might track such
FT, if it actually increased survivability (leads to
KO's), rather than with the canon rules, where it
reduces survivability (fight until you die).

> Re: squares rather than hexes -  I agree, it is
> annoying and difficult trying to project a world
> where things tend to meet at 90 degrees onto a grid
> where everything 'wants' to intersect at 60 degree
> increments. However, the squre grid has problems of
> it's own.  Facing gets weird with squares if you
> allow things to face/move on the diagonal.  Sketch
> out a seven-hex dragon on a square grid and then try
> to turn it.

Facing is just weird, regardless.

Try to turn a 7-hx dragon 15 degrees on a hexgrid.
It's the same problem.  If you really want to solve
it, take a clue from Car Wars, and go gridless.  Or I
suppose CW didn't invent this, it's just sandtable,
'move X inches' stuff, probably goes back to H.G.
Wells.