Re:(TFT)Questiontolistonfinebows.

Boy, you don't check the list for a day or so, and suddenly there are 50 posts to wade through.

Rick,
    I would let fine bows add to dex or to dam, or both, depending on how well made they are (even though I cannot explain what the changes in manufacture would be, unlike some of the other posters).  Though the craftsmen who could build a +1dx +2dam longbow would be few and far between.  Generally I like limited benefit fine/personalized weapons, like a fine bow and arrows that together allow for improved long range accuracy, but have no other impact.  Players modify their tactics to avail themselves of this type of thing.

Similarly I have had finely made crossbows as well.  Fine dwarvish craftsmen/engineers can create well engineered crossbows that deliver less kick, and reduce the dex minus for a given str below the normal requirement by 1.  Also well engineered bolts that provided certain benefits with certain trade0ffs like armor piercing bolts which ignores 2 pts of armor, but at a  - to hit and on range (helps put a scare in heavily armored types).  Again i don't know enough about crossbows to design a real world equivilent, but it adds to in-game fun, so it is OK with me.

My players love these small improvements/modifications and they are small enough that I have not noticed any adverse game balance impact.

I am all for letting players pay exhorbitant fees to craftsmen to personalize a weapon this way.  Small game impacts, big Role Playing fun.  You'd be amazed at the lengths to which a player will go to get back his brass reinfoced light crossbow with armor piercing bolts, even though the combat impact is somewhat limited.

Good luck
John

--- "rsmith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca> wrote:---------------
	I am thinking of allowing fine bows.
should fine bows be allowed to give the archer +1 DX.

		Rick.