Re: (TFT) Food of Fury

From: Stan <srydzews@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:48:40 -0400 (GMT)

>Regarding the "Not goat and mushroom stew again!!!" issue...with
all this glacial runoff running off everywhere, there may be a
place for nicely stocked fishing streams or 'commerical' fish
ponds.

>Now I know someone will ask what do the fish eat?  Well how the
hell would I know?  Are there rivers in Norway?  Do they have fish
in them?  If so, the dwarves' fish eat whatever it is the crazy
Norwegian fish eat.  (If there are no fish in Norway then pray
forget I ever brought this up.)

Yes trout, salmon, whitefish, walleye, sturgeon and grayling they
would eat other small fishys and aquatic and terrestrial insects
of all sorts.
I can see it now Grund the Fishy whoops out his 6 weight fly
fishing gear and Klinkhammer Special and dredges the crystal clear
waters for hard fighting cold water species to feed his family.

I didn't think Dwarves were very fond of water except for drinking
purposes. But fish, birds, rabbits, goats, bear, elk, yak,
carabou, deer and possibly seal would be likely canidates for
hunters and ranchers to bring back for dinnertime.

Robert Morger

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net