(TFT) SOLO III, 024

Solo III
Demon World
Part 024

The children spend the rest of the day recharging the magic items used. "We will go again on the morrow. But I will carry Ada this time. That was too close." "Did you notice how crowded the room was?" Rebecca asks. There were more demons in there. "I thought there might be one or two more than usual. But not that many." "That tells me there are only two throne rooms left now. We should expect the next one to be even more crowded." Ada looks right at you. "You always suspected there were more than four thrones, but you never could find them." She shrugs. "Maybe there aren't." Many candles are lit about the place, incase any demons find there way here. About an hour later Laura, Jenifer, and Hildi return carrying the carpet. You ask "If the catacombs are enchanted to make people lost how come they aren't?" Each one raises there right hand and shows you a ring on their thumbs. "Immunity to trailtwister." Says Laura. "The only ones known to exist." Says Jenifer. "Seeing as how you invented the spell." Says Hildi.

The next day your team gets dressed up in formal evening wear and heads out. A long walk later and you arrive. They unroll the carpet and get set up. The three young girls line up in front of you. They speak in hushed tones. They speak in unison. "You shouldn't be up there for more than 5 seconds. Then teleport straight back to our eating room." Hildi points to you "You carry Ada and bring her back." You pick up Ada in both arms. Her legs draped over your right arm, and her back against your left.
  Jenifer points to Ada "You will clean the throne."
  Laura points to Rebecca "You will rescue the child."
They bow their heads and the next thing you know you are standing before the throne of a demon.
__    __    __    __    __    __    __
/dd\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/d \  d = demon
\_d/  \__/  \__/Dt\__/  \__/  \_d/  Dt = demon on throne
/d \d_/d \__/  \__/AU\__/  \__/d \  AU = Ada in Uncle's arms
\d_/  \__/d \__/  \__/  \__/ d\__/  gr = little girl
/dd\_d/ d\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/d \
\__/d \__/  \__/d \__/  \_d/d \_d/
/dd\_d/ d\d_/d \__/d \d_/ d\__/d \
\d_/d \d_/dd\__/gr\__/ d\__/d \__/
/d \dd/d \_d/dd\__/d \__/d \_ddd \
\_d/d \__/d \__/dd\__/d \_d/d \__/
/d \_d/dd\_d/dd\__/dd\__/d \d_/d \
\dd/  \_d/  \_d/  \_d/  \_d/  \_d/

Demon
ST 50   clawed hands 4+1

Uncle
IQ 10      necklace 30 point ST batttery
MA 10      dragon heart of long-distance teleport

Ada
ST  8      kyanite gem 48 point ST battery
DX 14(18)  kyanite gem DX+4
  Cleansing(1) cost 20 per hex

The room is stuffy, uncomfortable, and overcrowded. It's standing room only for the demons. All their silk cusions are being trampled underfoot. They surge forward like a tidal wave. Ada completes the cleansing spell. And you teleport the two of you out. You saw a small child surrounded by demons, but you never saw Rebecca. Back in the eating hall, everyone is concerned. When ever you failed to come back, you were dead. Rebecca has always come back. Ada plays with her earring a moment. Eyes closed. She opens them and says "Rebecca is with Laura and them. She bounced." Everyone starts to breath again. Ada continues. "It's not possible to teleport into an occupied hex. And there were just so many demons in that room." Ada was concentrating on the throne, and her spell. She doesn't know. "That poor little child." You say. "What will happen to him?" Gail is standing there and answers. "We really don't know. We don't know what the demons are doing with them. Why everyone we rescue has such a powerfull magic item. Or why they can't remember anything but delusions." She continues. "They claim that they were only in a 'play yard' and they didn't need to be rescued. That they had 'the best toy in the whole world', and that 'all the other kids were jealous' of them."

Later Rebecca returns with the three girls. She seems disappointed, and quiet. That night you don't sleep well. Troubled by strange dreams that you can't remember when you wake.

You and Ada get 30 experience points. You get an additional 20 for teleporting out.

David Michael Grouchy II