(TFT) SOLO III, 025

Solo III
Demon World
Part 025

The team heads out for the last throne room. Everyone is quiet and there is no talking. When they set up it's a releif to hear the three girls whipser.
    "You shouldn't be up there for more than 5 seconds."
    "You will carry Ada."  You pick her up in your arms again.
    "You will cleanse the throne."  Jenifer points to Ada.
    "You will rescue the child."  Hildi points to Rebecca.

    The three girls bow their heads.  Nothing happens.  They look up.
    Rebecca speaks up "Looks like we all bounced this time."
Ada says "They must be so crowded up there that they are at the feet of the throne."

"I'm going to take a look." Rebecca says. She holds her pike-ax a certain way. She, and her weapon, turn into a living gas. No, not quite a gas. Like a collection of little dots of light, just floating in the air. She looks kind of like an impressionist painting. Very insubstantial but the spirit remains. She begins sinking through the floor. "I'll circle around and come in from above. So they won't know we are just below them." And she's gone.
    "We should leave."  Ada says.
The three girls roll up the carpet and lead the way back. An hour later you enter the eating hall. Rebecca is there.

"It was a mess in there. A big wrestling match for the throne. With no one sitting on it. There must have been a hundred demons. I didn't see any children."

You just sit there, picking at some mushroom soup with a wooden spoon. For hours. At a loss, and feeling like you have lost your momentum, you don't know what to do.

David Michael Grouchy II
p.s. next week, Uncle gets a new idea.