Re: (TFT) Healing spells in TFT.

In a message dated 8/31/2003 1:48:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
rsmith@lightspeed.ca writes:

>    My questions is how would you summarize the
> healing spells in your campaign?  At what IQ are PC
> wizards able to heal hits, and what restrictions do
> you have on healing spells?

I've transformed the Revival spell into a "Health" spell (same IQ & St cost),
that will not only revive the dead (with campaign-based limitations) but will
also heal the living - the wounded will be immediately restored to full
health, and the maimed will regrow lost parts in 1-6 months.

I've avoided creating any lesser healing spells, and instead have tinkered
with the "natural" healing rates (i.e. massively increasing them, especially if
Physickers and non-magical healing elixirs are involved). After much grumbling
from the players, I've also increased the healing done by healing potions
from 1 pt to 1d+1.

OTOH, characters wounded into "negative" St will take a long time to recover.

(When characters are wounded to "negative" St IMC, the amount below St 0
applies as a physical St drain as well as injury - the characters get physically
weaker. Each point of this St drain takes 1 to 6 days to heal (1d days,
modified by GM whim). The injured character will get his "hit points" back quickly,
but will be below his usual physical St for a good long while. This means he
can either wait and rest, seek special (magical) healing, or heroicly push on.
And the fact that he's under a handicap, but *not* within a stiff breeze of
dying, is what IMHO makes pushing on "heroic" rather than "stupid.")

The effect I want to produce is that slightly wounded characters will recover
rapidly and can get on with things, while serious wounds require lots of time
and/or magic to completely recover from.

--
Erol K. Bayburt
ErolB1@aol.com