(TFT) SOLO III, part 349

Solo III
Demon World
Part 049

Gail says "I had no idea. When I read 'Treasure Island' I got the impression that pirates were just greedy and selfish." Uncle nods. "That book was written by a noble who had been conned. He bought a lot of expensive furniture very cheep. And he had to help a kid get back to his parents." Ada breaks in. "But what about stopping the sale of children altogether."

"We help these pirates." Uncle says. "When they have their chest full of cash, then they will really start to trust us. It is then that we will talk them into capturing a demon ship."

    "I remember the iron arc."  Ada gasps.
"Yes." Uncle says. "It's a large black iron ship, that travels on the rivers of fire. And it is manned by demons. The ship travels from city to city collecting a quota of children from each, and then brings them to the demon island." Gail says, "I was on a wooden ship. I don't remember any demons on board." "Right." Says uncle. "Many legitimate merchant ships have taken to buying children of their own. Bringing then to the demon island, and selling them directly. They have lied to the people. Telling them the demons have increased the quota, and if they don't turn over a number of children to them, then the demons will come and destroy their city. The people are so scared as it is, that they usually comply. These so called 'legitimate' merchants are the real pirates. And in this upsidedown world, our 'pirates' are the real heros.

David Michael Grouchy II