RE: (TFT) Shield rush in Melee

>Rick, what is it you don't like about the rule?

Hi Stan,
	Well for one thing, it is darn near
impossible to knock down someone with a shield
rush regardless of your ST, if they have any
sort of DX at all.

	There are no results possible other
than 'nothing happens' and 'you fall'.  You
could be retreated one or two hexes, be at DX
negatives, sent to knees and probably more.

	There is no advantage to having a
height advantage (even a very small advantage
in height was a boon when two people were
shoving and pushing).

	It boils down to it takes up my full
option, so normally I would rather hit them
and do damage.  Also, when I strike with a
sword, they don't get a 2vsDX or a 3vsDX to
avoid the damage, they just take it.  And
if I'm strong enough to make them have to
roll a 3vsDX, then I'm likely strong enough
to have a good sized weapon.

	So almost always, I'm better off taking
another option.

	On the realism side of things, the
rules are so oversimplified that I don't feel
that they add much to the game.

	I've played with some better Shield
Rush rules on and off, which I think help a
bit.  Maybe I'll post them sometime.

	Rick