(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #555

At 14:52 -0500 11/23/03, Erol wrote:
I agree that it *looks* punitive, but I've concluded that this "punitive"
rate is needed to keep damage values from blowing up at high St values. (And my
rule is even more "punitive" above St 20 - +1 damage per *8* St above St 20,
and +1 per *12* St above St 30).

I'm not sure the TFT "Strength" scale is linear. Remember, in the "Weight Carried" rules (ITL p.35), the maximum amount you can lift (or shift) goes as the *square* of ST. Weight carried long distances does go linearly with ST, but that could be a simplification of endurance being separate from strength ... but I'm into speculation here.
--
					- Mark
			210-522-6025, page 888-733-0967