Re: (TFT) Spellcasting, Fatigue, Wounds and Arrows

From: "Charles Gadda" <cgadda@earthlink.net>

I think using a handful (or several) of iron metal filings is a bit
perverse, and was probably not the original intent of the rules (though one
can certainly game it that way, if desired - I wouldn't but it seems to work
out well for some)

Charles,
I get the feeling that NocStar's original intent was to enhance wizards by separating fatigue from wounds, and then to limit them a little more by allowing metal weapons sticking in them to cause a Dx minus. On the whole a trade off and fairly balanced. Though I have to agree with you, a few grams of metal filings seems to be pushing it a little to far in the limiting direction. I wonder if the science of magnetic fields wouldn't show that a single iron tip of 10 grams would generat a magnetic disturbance exponentialy greater than an equivalent weight of metal filings dusted over a character.

    David Michael Grouchy II