Re: RE: (TFT) Magic Item Economics]

>From: "Ty Beard" <tbeard@tyler.net>
> Charm (+2) - 17,381 too expensive

If you want to sell Charm  (+2) for a mear ~$83000, go ahead.  I play in
Rick's campaign where the price of Charms has been multiplied by 10 and they
are *still* in demand.  Charms are just that good.  Perhaps some items are
more expensive than they should be for game balance, or just because of
supply and demand.  Of course, if you go by strict TFT

>7 hex Magic Carpet - 30,828 too expensive

>From: "David Michael Grouchy II"
>    Yes, I have found the same thing.  My analysis gave me the impression
> that Flying carpets should be everywhere.  The are absurdly profitable to
> make.  There is almost no reason to make anything else.  The world of
Cidri
> should have traffic jams of flying carpets, cause there would be so many.

I think you read this backwards.  He said it was too expensive, not too
cheap.  If 7 hex magic carpets were ~$19000, yes, everyone would have them,
but as I mentioned above, they are *very* useful and the demand would drive
up the price.  Not to mention that you probably probably don't distances to
become meaningless to your players.  Sometimes the journey is half the fun.

Cheers,
Matt