Re: (TFT) Rules for breaking weapons?

In a message dated 2/23/2004 9:43:36 PM Central Standard Time,
rsmith@lightspeed.ca writes:

> I have always assumed that most swords break when 2
> weapons swing against each other.  This would roughly
> double the force of the blow compared to the force
> that one person could generate.  As such it would be
> semi-random, you are swinging and he is swinging and
> the blades hit on just the center of percussion, etc.

Then do you ignore "18 = weapon breaks" when the target of an attack isn't
attacking back?

> I think your suggested rules below are way too
> powerful.

Funny... I do too :-)

But I think it is way too powerful in a way that's consistent with the
"weapon breaks on an 18" being way too powerful (IMO) as well.

And even given your conception of how weapons break, note that under my
proposal the victim has to *attack and miss* on the turn that the attacker makes
his special "break weapon attack." (Also, if it wasn't clear before, the "break
weapon attack" doesn't to any damage to the target, other than causing him to
lose his weapon.)

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow