Re: (TFT) How many licks does it take...

At 10:28 PM 2/23/04 -0500, ErolB1@aol.com wrote:
I think it's peculiarly inconsistent for it to be easy to accidentally break
your own sword but hard to deliberately break your opponent's.

Right, though unless your opponent has to roll a critical hit to get through your armor, I wouldn't consider it "easy" to break your opponent's sword by surviving an average of 216 of his attacks... ;-)

If a sword can be broken by an accidental miss-and-slam-into-something-hard, then it ought to be breakable by a grab-opponent's-wrist-and-stomp-on-blade maneuver.

True. However, you don't always get an opportunity to do that. Perhaps that is the sort of thing that is happening that explains many of the broken weapons on an 18. The attacker exposed his weapon and the enemy took advantage of an opportunity to break it.

PvK