RE: (TFT) Pentagrams and arrows

At 10:57 AM 3/9/04 -0600, David Michael Grouchy II wrote:
From: Mark Tapley <mtapley@swri.edu>

What if the Bow is enchanted to +DX? I think of +DX on a bow as just meaning it helps the archer aim better - in which case the magic is done with when the arrow leaves the bow, and the pentagram won't affect it.

Mark,
I thought only spells could not cross a pentagram. I don't remember it saying anything about enchantments. That is to say, my interpretation has always been that one can not cast Blur(T) on a figure inside a pentigram, but a figure with Blur(T) already on them could cross one.

    David Michael Grouchy II

Yes that's another, even more important, grey area - enchanted items and spells on items or on non-magic people. If a pentagram blocks those things, then it's also important to decide if it stops them crossing, it it just stops the items crossing, or if it actually suppresses or dispels the magic as such things pass through. David's interpretation is simplest and easiest, but the wording of the spell description:

"The only thing it will NOT stop is a totally "natural" thing - such as a purely physical attack by a non-magical creature."

implies otherwise, to me anyway.

PvK