Re: (TFT) How often should TFT swords Break

-- Peter von Kleinsmid <pvk@oz.net> wrote:---------------
You might also want to add a chance that a weapon is rendered useless until a recovery attempt can be made. E.g., the weapon is stuck in something (wood, dead body, a drain grating, flew out of hand and out a window, onto a roof, into a river, or just where no one saw where it went, etc). For combat's sake, there is probably no chance to recover it, but it might be recoverable after the fight.

PvK

Now that is a funny Idea.  I don't think I'll make a house-rule for it, but it could occasionally be a GM interpretation type of thing.  It's not as bad as breaking it, but more inconvenient than just dropping it would be.

And I see your point about all the craftsmanship in the world not keeping a sword from breaking under certain circumstances,  maybe just 2 dice then, one for each damage plus due to better metal.

Plus, with a repair spell, a broken sword is not that big a deal once you return to civilization.

No benefit from magic though, if you enchant a cheap sword it still breaks easy, it is just magic until then.