Re: (TFT) How Do You Imprison a TFT Wizard

In a message dated 5/3/2004 12:29:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
tbeard@tyler.net writes:

>Well, how do the authorities incarcerate a wizard in TFT? What prevents him
>from using his magical arsenal every morning after he wakes up?
>
>In my case, I have postulated that spells have minor material components
>that cost very little but that are critical to the casting of the spell.
>This allows wizards to be imprisoned without being rendered completely
>unconscious...
>
>How do you other guys handle this?

In my campaign, there are two spells that *any* mage (or any character with
the Priest talent) can cast. One is the Bless spell, which is a multipurpose
spell used to protect against ill fortune and evil magic. (Characters who forgo
being Blessed at the appropriate times & places suffer a -1 pt curse).

The second "universal" spell is Magebinding, which is my campaign's answer to
your question.

Magebinding (S): This spell removes the subject's ability to cast any spell,
including this one. The subject must cooperate for the spell to work, but the
cooperation may be of the sort obtained by holding a dagger at the subject's
throat.

Cost: 1 St. Lasts until removed. Any wizard can remove a magebinding for 1 St
- unless magebound themselves.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow