RE: (TFT) Re: attributes

From: Peter von Kleinsmid <pvk@oz.net>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) Re: attributes
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 17:09:07 -0700

At 03:28 PM 5/8/04 -0700, Keith Baker wrote:
How many people are running campaigns using more than the basic ST DX and IQ stats??

I didn't in TFT, but GURPS adds such things, either as attributes, traits, or combinations.

PvK

Hi
Yes I know, I refed Gurps Fantasy when it first came out for about two years, but to tell the truth I don't like it nearly as much as modified TFT (which is of course what it is). Jackson removed a great deal of the elegance and put in a cumbersome combat system and an annoying magic system. Oh, and I didn't care for the character creation system either...have I left anything out? Jackson loved tft but his falling out with Thompson made it impossible for that to go anywhere, so he settled for stomping Thompson flat. I love the simplicity( so I immediately made it more complex...but not too much)...I just added pieces I thought were missing or that I particularly liked the feel of to tft. And I'm having a ball getting back into it. each to his/her/its own I guess. And the kids I'm experimenting on think it is SOOO cool.

Keith