Re: (TFT) Re: attributes

In a message dated 5/8/2004 7:49:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
bakerekeith@hotmail.com writes:

> Oh, and I didn't care for the character creation system [of GURPS]
> either...have I left
> anything out?

I loved the character creation system at first - "At last! A character
creation system that lets me do real people (e.g. myself) properly as characters! I
can take an appropriately large number of ditzy 1/2 pt skills without breaking
the bank!"

Then Kromm came along and said "No, that's not the way you're suppose to do
it." And he made it official. Bleah.

(I didn't like the official GURPS magic system either. And I really hated the
too-short 1 second turns. Not to mention the Official GURPS Attitude that a
"cinematic" style of running a game must necessarily be *silly* - as evidenced
by such things as the "bulletproof nudity" rule, the screw-job done on GURPS
Supers, the new cover on the latest edition of GURPS Swashbucklers... etc. ad
nausium.)

Erol K Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow