(TFT) Moving onto other figures

Hi,

Again, I have come across variants of the rules for different
editions of Melee/Wizard. This time it concerns moving into or over
hexes with fallen bodies/figures. The variants are below. But I
basically have 3 questions:

1) Is a saving roll required to jump over a fallen body? Is it a
3-die vs adjDX roll or a one-die (6 you fall) roll? Some variants of
the rules don't mention any saving roll, just a 3-MA cost.

2) For stopping in a hex with a body, do you do 3-die vs adjDX (or
DX) or a one-die (6 you fall) roll? The rules seem to vary; see
below.

3) What about when bodies pile up? The rules don't address this point
ever. [This happened while playing 'The Adventure' (thanks Justin) in
the barracks room 14 -- some hexes had three hobgoblin bodies in
them!]

I personally like the 1-die roll for stopping in a hex, since you can
adapt it easily for the number of bodies in the hex, e.g., for 1
body, a roll of 6 is a fall, for 2-3 bodies, a roll of 5 or 6 is a
fall, etc. Jumping over, however, doesn't scale the same way when it
comes to the number of bodies in the hex.

Here are the variants...

---

>From the (first) edition of Melee dated 1979, just after the section
on Movement and Shifting, the rule reads:

"Whenever a figure moves into a hex with another figure (except for
HTH), it immediately rolls 3 dice against its adjDX, as though it
were trying to hit something. If this 'saving roll' is missed, the
figure ralls down in that hex."

>From the 5th edition (1981) of Melee:

"Whenever a figure jumps over another figure, or ends its move in a
hex with a fallen figure, it immediately rolls one die. On a roll of
6, it stumbles and immediately falls down in the hex with the other
figure."

>From Advanced Melee, p.4, in the section MOVING ONTO OTHER FIGURES
the rule reads:

"Whenever a figure entres a hex with a fallen figure of the same size
or larger, it must make a saving roll on 3 dice vs. DX. If it misses
the roll, it falls down in that hex."

>From Wizard (1978), yet another variant of the text, but not so
different:

"Whenever a figure enters a hex with a fallen figure, it must make
its saving roll on 3 dice against DX. If it misses the roll, it falls
down in that hex."