Re: Re: (TFT) Doing damasge modernly

> But lots of people have taken .22s to the torso and
> lived.

Thanks to modern medicine and modern transportation.

Its hard to handle these kinds of weapons without
classifying weapons according to their damage type,
ie piercing, etc.  The damage done by bows seems to
be related somewhat to their pull - ie, bows with a
heavier pull do more damage.

 As for a minigun, it isn't the power of the rounds,
> it's the number.  IIRC most models I've seen are
> using .223 - I wouldn't give that more than 1+1 damage
> ... For a minigun I would probably just roll 3d6 to
> see how many rounds hit, then roll the damage.

I agree with the theory but not the mechanics.  There
are a few mitigating factors - range to the target,
whether the firer and/or target are moving, that kind
of thing.  But I think the basic approach is sound.

It might be worth while to add the idea of technology
level to armor if you're considering a time-travel
sort of campaign.  Say ... add ( TL armor - TL weapon )
to the hits stopped for starters.  ( ie, kevlar is
the equivalent of leather, TL 4 or something like that )

Dan