Re: (TFT) Doing damage modernly in the magical world of cidri

From: "John J Hyland" <johnnyboytmm@juno.com>

>"OK, I fire off my battlefield micro-nuke at the horde of
hobgoblins, launch a surface to air missile at the dragon, and
traget my AA rounds at the flight of gargoyles. Next round I'll
concentrate on the heavy cavalry"

>I gotta get me one of those Marauder suits:-)
>
>It might be a little too strong for Cidri, but it fits right in
with your Starship Trooper theme, as does the  no magic and no
gunpowder eating micro-organisms, I was just thinking more cross-
genre in my post.

Oh I agree with you on the cross-genre posting I have been working
on all kinds of additional items that dont go with the Starship
Troopers theme. In case I want to expand on a High-Tech theme a
bunch.

>And while my games don't take place on Cidri, and exclude the
whole Mnoren mythology, I do keep gunpowder expensive and I use
gunpowder eating microbes, as a game balance thing.

>John

I will still need to figure out how to get something closer to
game balance in my setting. I will be taking in folk to help with
play testing soon.
I have set up a Yahoo Group for this purpose if anyone is
interested. I have dropped a bit of the information for character
development, new equipment and new talents into the file section
but am still a ways from finishing.
I changed standard TFT quite a bit in the Character Attributes
portion by adding two additional Stats.

FT or fatigue tolerance basically the same as fST but now it
handles a bunch of the xd6 vs. rolls and it is dealt with
seperately when adding experience.

PA or psionic ability basically a toned down magic system of sorts
this may or may not be an actual functioning ability for a
character it depends on the beginning 2d6 roll and how many points
the player is willing to expend on that attribute. It takes 3
points to raise this attribute by one. You would need to see the
Character development sheet to get a better idea of this.

I also added/changed the talent set up each character will have a
Primary set of talents and a Secondary set of talents.

Primary talents are related to the character's proffesion. Primary
talents equal the characters IQ.
Secondary talents can be but are usually not directly related to
the character's profession. Secondary Talents are equal to half
the characters IQ rounded down.

Play testing Starship Troopers Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pangaea_TFT/
Subscribe:  Pangaea_TFT-subscribe@yahoogroups.com