Re: (TFT) Marauder Power Suit.

>>The book's (and the AH game's) description of powered armor was
>>that their suits made them a more than a match for a "squadron"
>>of tanks. Nearly invulnerable, nearly flying, huge strength,
>>precision, and a stockpile of weapons which could take out groups
>>and buildings at once, not to mention tactical nuclear weapons.
>>
> That was the AH games interpretation I believe.
> The book stated that the suits increased anything your body could
> do many times over, could make huge hops with their jumpjets and
> had a mess of weapons that could be used for attack/defense
> capabilities.

Here is a quote I just pulled off
http://www.underbase.org/dept/fiction/starship_troopers.htm

"Powered armor is one-half the reason we call ourselves "mobile infantry"
instead of just "infantry" (The other half are the spaceships that drop us
and the capsules we drop in.) [...] A suit isn't a space suit -- although
it can serve as one. It is not primarily armor -- although the Knights of
the Round Table were not armored as well as we are. It isn't a tank -- but
a single MI private could take on a squadron of those things and knock
them off unassisted [...] A suit is not a ship but it can fly, a little --
on the other hand neither spaceships nor atmosphere craft can fight
against a man in a suit except by saturation bombing of the area he is in
[...] Contrariwise we can do many things that no ship -- air, submersible,
or space -- can do [...] We make war as personal as a punch in the nose.
We can be selective, applying precisely the required amount of pressure at
the specified point at a designated time [...] [We] dig the enemy out of
their holes, force them then and there to surrender or die. [p.99]"

Note the references to offensive and defensive power compared to tanks and
space or air craft.

Not that you can't define your own thing, or interpret this as you will,
of course.

PvK