Re: (TFT) Experimental Injury and Healing rules - comments appreciated.

I have read all the comments on this thread and I think the issue is becoming "overthought". According to TFT, the average TFT person is ST 10 (or 10 is supposed to be the average attribute, however you wish to word it).

Now, I may be missing something or it could be that I am seriously underestimating myself, but it seems to me that if someone hits me hard enough to "waste" 80% of my health in 5 seconds, I'm pretty damn sure I'm going down. And I am not sure I could leap back up in 5 seconds and continue a vicious fight, especially without any impairment. Even for a bad man with a ST of 16 this is 50% damage in 5 seconds! FIVE SECONDS!! Only a person completely out of touch with reality, such as a berserker, could hope to ignore this massive damage.

Injuries cause pain; massive injuries cause massive pain. Pain is your body's way of getting your mind's attention to let you know you're blowing it! To me, the math is simple.

Massive Injury + Massive Pain + Mental Image of Massively Shattered Body = Oh Sh&t (5 second time out)

I think the idea that it is only 5 seconds and you can leap back up and fight at all is actually quite lenient. A will power roll (3vIQ) to drag your devastated carcass out of the dirt seems more reasonable.

But these are just my thoughts on the matter and having never suffered 80% massive damage before, I could be wrong. Perhaps I would leap up like Mikhail Baryshnikov, and continue to fight like the Terminator.

Perhaps... but I doubt it.