Re: (TFT) Myth III boardgame

Yeah, miniature buying and painting is a hobby unto itself. Thankfully my wife loves to play TFT as much as I do. Heroscape bases LOS on the miniature itself. You actually get down and sight from the models head. I tried complex rules based on TFT's LOS rules but they became just that, complicated. Mix in terrain as well and it gets rather messy. For the moment I'm going with the models LOS unless anyone has a better idea.

--David

On Mar 3, 2005, at 5:02 PM, <dwtulloh61@cox.net> wrote:

From: David Miller <djmiller@i-2000.com>

From what I've gathered most of you play with card-
board counters so you don't have this problem. My
question is, has anyone else tried to work up rules
for muti-level TFT and if so how did you have any
success?

I've never gone the minature route - too expensive to
buy, too time consuming to paint them.  Then there's
the wife, who thinks gaming is a complete waste of my
time ( she has lists for me, lol )

I played around with TFT3D but couldn't make it work
in some sort of simple matter.  LOS rules are always
nasty - and with wizards and monsters running around
it gets worse.

Dan