Re: (TFT) Mapping Cidri / Campain proposal

I guess my comments count as "Otherwise" but...

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Gfoeller" <johng3110@hotmail.com>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 12:33 PM
Subject: (TFT) Mapping Cidri / Campain proposal

> In doing so, I prettyu much reject the "Land Beyond the Mountains" series.
> I found those modules to be of lesser quality, and far lesser inspriation,
> than the Stev Jackson et al materials.

Geez, that's pretty harsh! Gotta disagree, though - while I do agree with
you that SJ was the better writer, the Gamelords folks did a very credible
job - a lot of thought went into LBTM, and some of the adventure plots are
quite elaborate, particularly those in the rewritten city modules (aka
Soldier City-Shaylle and Intrigue in Plaize). It would take a really alert
and smart party to avoid getting on the wrong side of things in some of
these plots. VERY Byzantine and well developed.

> I thought about setting a campain on Cidri but on a continent that looks
> just like North America.  Part of that is ebcasue I'm too lazy to draw my
> own continet; most of that is ebcause I like the idea of parallel
universes
> in science fiction and how different peoples can devleop differently even
> thought they are given the same setting.  The premise coems from ITL: that
> the Mnoren discovered many parallele universes, then they built Cidri, and
> then they populated Cidri with the people, flora and fauna that they found
> in parallele universes.
>
> The tentative result I had was something like this:  Elves living in
tribes
> and loosely organized kingdoms East of the Mississippi and north of the
> Ohio; Orcs dwelling south of the Ohio and the Arkansas Rivers; Centaurs
> living in the Great Plains; Dwarves living in the Appalchians, the Rockies
> and the Iron Mountains of the UP of Michigan; a goblin city at New Orleans
> and Salt Lake; Gargoyles and orcs in the desert west; an elven kingdom in
> California (where else), Reptile Men in the souther swamps and in the
> jungles of south America, and Humans as the variable.  I would have Aztec
/
> Mayan / Anastasi humans living in their native areas; and I would have
> Woodland Indians livingt along the river systems; and I would have
medieval
> type Humans --descendants of refugees from Tanader--  establishing
kingdoms
> (and displacing both Elves and Orcs)  roughly around New York City to
> Baltimore areas and proceeding east along the Ohio River.  And, to make it
> intersting, I would have everyone in all kinds of alliances and one Human
> kingdom (in Illinois ?Iowa?) being a kind of capstone in an arch of Human
> expansion.

Umm, this has already been done; it's called "Treasure of the Silver Dragon"
and "Unicorn Gold" ;-)