(TFT) Mapping Cidri / Campain proposal

Hi All,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I thought I would bring it up again.

When I was a kid, and even now, I'm fascinated with the idea of mapping parts of Cidri. My particular favorite was locating the gem-town of "Paska Dall" !

In doing so, I prettyu much reject the "Land Beyond the Mountains" series. I found those modules to be of lesser quality, and far lesser inspriation, than the Stev Jackson et al materials.

Instead, I ran some campaigns using the Elyntia map and Tollenkar's Lair (what an excellent module that was!).

However, I had a idea that I have kicker around in my own mind, and I thought I would share it with you for your feedback.

I thought about setting a campain on Cidri but on a continent that looks just like North America. Part of that is ebcasue I'm too lazy to draw my own continet; most of that is ebcause I like the idea of parallel universes in science fiction and how different peoples can devleop differently even thought they are given the same setting. The premise coems from ITL: that the Mnoren discovered many parallele universes, then they built Cidri, and then they populated Cidri with the people, flora and fauna that they found in parallele universes.

The tentative result I had was something like this: Elves living in tribes and loosely organized kingdoms East of the Mississippi and north of the Ohio; Orcs dwelling south of the Ohio and the Arkansas Rivers; Centaurs living in the Great Plains; Dwarves living in the Appalchians, the Rockies and the Iron Mountains of the UP of Michigan; a goblin city at New Orleans and Salt Lake; Gargoyles and orcs in the desert west; an elven kingdom in California (where else), Reptile Men in the souther swamps and in the jungles of south America, and Humans as the variable. I would have Aztec / Mayan / Anastasi humans living in their native areas; and I would have Woodland Indians livingt along the river systems; and I would have medieval type Humans --descendants of refugees from Tanader-- establishing kingdoms (and displacing both Elves and Orcs) roughly around New York City to Baltimore areas and proceeding east along the Ohio River. And, to make it intersting, I would have everyone in all kinds of alliances and one Human kingdom (in Illinois ?Iowa?) being a kind of capstone in an arch of Human expansion.

I would set the campaign in that central kingdom, as the ruling dynasty fell, the heir was kidnapped, and the mad rush was on by all the powers that be to conquer the area and achieve dominace of the continet. The mission of the adventure would be to find the kidnapped heir and return her to the throne before the armies of everywhere else conquered the kingdom. The campaign would start at a lonely army garrison, take place overland and by Gate, visit some interesting mines and forts and dungeons (including a forray to smite the fell dragon Yenrab the tormentor, who attacks by badly signing children's songs), doing battles with unnamed forces of intrigue and villainy, getting the girl, bringing her home, putting her on the throne, and maybe (if they live long enough) discovering an amazing surpise. Oh, and did I mention that the party might have to explore the remains of a Mnoren palace? Hmm.

Comments, wise or otherwise?  ;-)

--John