Re: (TFT) Revised Healing and Injury rules.

Eric Coles wrote:

If you use a separate fST pool that ST cost seem reasonable. If not, it might be a bit high. Since I still use the ST is ST - watch out for fatal papercuts after your Great Spell(tm) rules; I have an IQ 12 Healing spell (T) that costs 3 IQ to learn for Mages or Physickers (9 for anyone else) and heals 1 ST for a 5 ST cost (cost 1 ST for failed DX roll).

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, then.
You could have a wizard pump X ST into a hero every round and then those ST are used first, assuming the hero is hit for damage within two rounds (basic Aid spell)

To make a more powerful version -
Wizard's Aid (IQ12?, IQ15?) - As the Aid spell, but the effect lasts for 5 rounds

Another alternative to any new healing spell is to remove one line from Advanced Wizard: Under the Drain Strength spell, remove "Can NOT be used to heal hits from wounds - only fatigue or exhaustion"

Or, if that's too powerful for an IQ 12 spell -
Wizard's Drain Strength (IQ 15?) - As the Drain Strength spell, except hits from wounds may be healed.

This assumes that the wizard could use the Drain Strength spell on himself, which AW doesn't specifically disallow.

All of the stipulations and caveats of both spells are the same as their lower IQ counterparts, except where indicated, so there's no new "mechanic" to consider.

The only thing I'm a little unsure of is the IQ required, others who know the lists better may have a better guess.

- Marc