Re: (TFT) Should talents be linked to attributes?

Hi David,

>   Hi Neil   *waves hello*
>
>   David Michael Grouchy II

No, I don't really see a problem with characters having high DX and IQ and
an odd mix of talents. Those characters are usually in a world of hurt when
it comes to decent combat. I think it's entirely possible (in a
semi-realistic way -- TFT is stylized, not realistic) for a character to
spend his time honing physical talents while not building ST. In fact, I'd
do that myself if I had a character who didn't do a lot of fighting.

That said, in my campaigns, characters usually bumped DX first, because
increasing the odds to hit helped more than the odd point of damage, or new
talent for a beginning character. Of course there were the odd ones who ahd
a development plan that took IQ, and the even rarer type who had DX to begin
with, and took the ST (an archer, I think, who wanted that 2 shot
advantage).

On another topic, I recently downloaded the old game Wizard's Crown (which I
used to play on my ST). Looking at it now, the combat is very TFT-like.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com