Re: (TFT) Magic in combat and TFT...

In a message dated 8/24/2006 12:48:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
craigwbar@comcast.net writes:

>     Wouldn't a dictator spend a lot on his potions to keep himself
> youthful?
> Wouldn't he then spend centuries perfecting population control spells?  Mass
> Glamour, Mega-hex Mind Control, Wide Area Mind Control, Mass Telepathy.

FWIW, in my campaign I've made Youth potions unavailable & mythical just to
avoid the Eternal Ruler headaches. OTOH, while I haven't put it in writing, I
am planning to allow a spell, with IQ somewhere in the 20s, that will allow the
caster (only) to keep from aging. (And not castable from scrolls or any other
item.)

I've also cut down the save on Word of Command from 5 dice to 3, and I'm very
relucatant to allow any sort of control spell with a save of more than 3 or 4
dice.

Erol