Re: (TFT) TFT TM

Ya, if I (in a slightly alternate universe) had the required money to
invest, I might consider buying the rights from HT for motives of artistic
philanthropy and gaming goodness, but I wouldn't expect to make money with
it, and certainly not $250,000. More like I'd slightly edit the original
products (typos, typesetting, index, errors, errata) and re-publish them
with somewhat better quality material than the original, and price them
for about what current game books go for, as an intro RPG and for all us
old fans. I'd re-offer the whole old series, and/or also offer a slightly
revised series with revisions included that are the most agreed-upon
needed ammendments, some as outright changes replacing the old rules, and
some as optional new rules.

But as a money-making gambit, I wouldn't count on it. I guess it has some
potential to make money, actually (say, if it included simple rules for
how to play it using the miniatures that are popular these days), but I
think it has equal potential to lose money, and making money wouldn't be
my reason for doing it.

PvK