(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #807

In a message dated 9/1/06 6:47:50 AM !!!First Boot!!!, tft-owner@brainiac.com
writes:

> Ever play Chivalry and Sorcery then?
>
> Nope, though it's on my list to browse the rules sometimes for neat ideas.

OH NOOOOO; not "charts + statistics"...:-). More people have bought these
rules over the years as REFERENCE for other simpler sets of rules than have
actually PLAYED the game. The economic rules for example are superb; easily the
most realistic and accurate simulation of medievel/fuedal economics ever written
this side of a Ph.D. dissertation. While it's not unplayable it's close. I
participated in some games run at Waterloo II in Mineola (the ORIGINAL building
on Mineola Blvd.; not the smaller one on Willis Ave they rented after Scott
Bizar's father sold the original building), and marathon gaming sessions would
often only cover a single skirmish...sigh...old memories...:-). Waterloo II was
ground zero for FGU games, and I remember a LOT of sat afternoons in college
collating and shrink wrapping games which Scott paid for in free product
instead of $....wish I kept my C+S and Aftermath stuff...