Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #807

At 10:03 PM 9/1/06 -0400, Sethkimmel@aol.com wrote:
> I hope humans will abolish the whole "intellectual property" concept as
> greedmonger folly, and look back on current laws as a quaint and barbaric
> time, but that's another story...)

bet you'd whistle a different tune if you invented something and got ripped
off...

No I would not.

We need intellectual property rights. Like it or not this is a capitalistic
society and most inventors are in it for the $; not because they are
altruistic...

My problem is with the greedy s#$@%$#d's who pervert/exploit the system...

The current system is becoming more and more obsolete, and it is the nature of information, and information technology, to make it so. The more trivial it becomes to duplicate and share information, the more artificial and wasteful the tyranny and abuse of the current system needs to be. See the next version of MS Windows. A new reward system for content creators is the solution, not machines that try to check ownership rights and track every transmission or replay of data.

PvK