Re: (TFT) Hail TFT List

From: ErolB1@aol.com
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Hail TFT List
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 22:19:42 EDT

Healing, and the possibility of optional healing spells are subjects that
have been kicked around before. Even moderate changes in the healing rules can have major effects on the flavor & feel of play. For myself, I wanted a more swashbuckling and cinematic style of play, so I boosted healing: Potions now heal
1d+1, and "natural" healing is several times faster to keep up with the
magical healing. I've also changed the Revival spell to a more general Health spell
(completely heals the living, or raises the recently dead, St cost 50).

Finally I've considered two hypothetical healing spells: An IQ 14 spell that
heals 1d+1 for 50 St and an IQ 8 spell that heals 1 pt for 50 St. The first
one migh get researched one day; the second one will probably go undiscovered or
only be a curiosity.

But I'm considered a wild, mad, munchkin, "why don't you go play D&D
instead?" TFT GM on this list.

Not by me. I played the game for fun, which meant keeping the characters alive, which meant abundant healing potions and a healing spell. Otherwise, the game was so realistic of medieval combat --nasty, brutish and short-- that it wasn't much fun.

-- John

Other list members play the healing rules straight BTB,
or even make healing harder than the standard rules.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow