Re: (TFT) TFT Healing

In a message dated 9/12/2006 9:21:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
dwtulloh61@cox.net writes:

> ---- ErolB1@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Different GMs, players, and groups game for different reasons.
> > What they want out of a game varies.
>
> I agree with what you're saying but I'm not sure where to go from
> here.  Are you advocating that a poster should announce what
> type of category ( ie, TFT: realistic;  TFT: high fantasy; TFT: low
> fantasy, etc ) before discussing topics like how to handle healing,
> etc?  Seems to me that an argument could be made for each
> kind of category ... the problems come in when you want the rules
> pertaining your category to apply to others as well.

No, I'm advocating that posters should accept that different types of games
exist, and are worthy of existing. That other posters are not intellectually or
morally deficient gamers running intellectually or morally deficient games if
they advocate things that would be utterly wrong for your game, or if they
reject stuff that you find absolutely necessary.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow