Re: (TFT) Test of general WIZARD knowledge NUMBER II

I Received this from Peter and forward it on.  I trust you will enjoy it as much as I did.  Oh, and yes Peter this one did come up in 2001.  Which is why I asked those who "knew" the answer to hold off till friday.

   David Michael Grouchy II

Here's my take on this.  I'm suffering "deja moo" - didn't this come up before on the TFT email list? Let's see... oh yeah, we did this one a couple of years ago.  Well, here's a new answer I wrote:

> "Day 1 the wizard casts Shapeshifting on the cow,
> and turns it into a humanoid.  Trade off St for Dx
> just like the shapeshifting rules allow.  Now he
> has a St 8, Dx 33, IQ 5 creature with hands."

   See: "GMs may use their discretion as to what kind of shifting is allowed."
   Also, the rule "the total of ST and DX may not be raised" does not imply that the total can't go down. So, when the player attempts to shapeshift a cow into a humanoid with ST 8, DX 33, IQ 5, I use my discretion and say they started with an average cow, and get an average humanoid with low ST and cow IQ, and trading ST down to 8 to get more DX: ST 8, DX 12, IQ 5.

   Then if he has Animal Handling, he gets a hard roll to calm the panicking cow-human, at which point he might be glad it doesn't have DX 33. Other interesting things may happen during the next 24 hours.

   So, the cow trick may be more work than it's worth, depending on whether there are dead humanoids already available.

   So then they find a socially safe way to kill the humanoid, and apprentices and a wizard willing to cast Zombie on it. A 20-ST Zombie casting makes a zombie with ST 15. Next day, it decays to ST 14. Then they cast a 21-ST Zombie spell on it, adding 16 ST, giving a net zombie with:

ST 30
DX 10
IQ 0

   This one does have the ST to wield a greatsword with one hand. What it's skill level is with a sword is an interesting point someone just mentioned.  It does seem reasonable that although it could attack with bare hands at DX 10, it should probably logically be at DX-4 = 6 if using a weapon, though I don't think we ever played that way.

PvK