Re: (TFT) Test of general WIZARD knowledge NUMBER II

Peter von Kleinsmid <pvk@oz.net> wrote:>> At 01:40 AM 9/15/06 -0700, davidgrouchy wrote:

>>    He had me stumped for a couple of days. But I ruled that
>> once he killed the humanoid, he effectively broke the
>> shapeshift... so now he had  a dead ox.

> Peter von Kleinsmid <pvk@oz.net> wrote:
>
> Mmm, that's one way to treat Shapeshifting, however:
>
> * Shapeshift says it's permanent. No mention of it reverting upon death.

Peter,
   True.  It does say that Shapeshift is permanent.  But then so is weapon/ armor enchantment.  And I figure if the later enchant is lost when the weapon is broken, then so is the shapeshift.

"Anything which breaks or shatters immediately loses its magic powers; a broken magic sword is no longer enchanted, even if it is remade."
- Advanced Wizard, Destruction of Magic Items, page 38

   David Michael Grouchy II