Re: (TFT) Outdoor Scale - Request for Comments

David Peterson <peterson@vigyan.com> wrote: ITL suggests that a party on foot can travel up to 50 km per day by road and about 25 km per day off-road through light woods.  Does anyone have any experience that would suggest if this is reasonable?  It seems a little high to me.

David,
   At the age of 17 I did 50 miles in two days with a sixty pound pack.  25 miles a day or 40 km.  The hike was through Kisatchie National forest.  This makes you numbers above light by about 10 miles where the 25 km per day off-road only come out to 15 miles a day.

    David Michael Grouchy II