Re: (TFT) Lifeisfun: Weapons and STR mins

On Tue, September 19, 2006 4:23 pm, davidgrouchy wrote:
>        May I humbly submit that for three years I have been patiently
> waiting.  Things have not started to break down, and I have not had
> a single player require more solid rules of me.  They seem to enjoy
> a game that is as fixed and unchanging as the 26 letter alphabet.
> It affords us a common language.  One that is not too rigid.  That
> is easy to teach to new players.  That can be rapidly interpreted
> in almost any direction.  And one that fuels the imagination.
> Which it does just as well today as it did decades ago, if not
> better.

Hey, more power to you and your group.

>      So can we stop fixing TFT to be more like GURPS please.

Your group can, sure. Are you saying you don't like me to even mention the
things that don't satisfy me in TFT?

BTW, sometimes making a rule better doesn't mean making it "more like
GURPS", and some of the GURPS rules are really good, and more or less
compatible with TFT.

PvK