Re: (TFT) Stewing in Your Own Juices

> > 2. Get on a horse, unassisted
>
> He might.  I've heard of people being able to turn cartwheels in
> plate armor.

I've seen it and done it (as much as I can do a cartwheel, which isn't very
much even without armour).

> > 6. Swim
>
> The Samurai of Japan developed techniques for swimming in their
> armor.  It was a special skill they could learn.

It wasn't that special, except that the technique had a name.

> > 8. Use a Bow (range of motion is compromised)
>
> I never heard of anyone doing that either.  There's a lot there for a
> bowstring to catch on.

Only after, oh, 1440 or so, when the shoulder armour changed. A breastplate
doesn't catch much.

> > 9. Run
>
> A true knight never runs!  Knights were horsemen.  He might run if he
> had two coconuts to bang together...

Not quite so. While horsemanship was the mark of a knight, there were a
nubmer of time documented when they dismounted to fight.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com