Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #822

>> They may not be able to punch the armor but  they could still knock
>> him off the horse.  Musket in conjunction  with the pike and>
>
> Completely false. If it were true, why doesn't the shooter fall over?

3rd party chiming in:
I'd say a bullet isn't generally going to knock someone off a horse by
kinetic energy, for the reason you mention. It may or may not hurt the
rider, depending.

But what bullets and arrows can and will do, whether or not they hurt
someone in full plate directly, is hit the horse. Especially when they are
fired at such a range that they are essentially falling randomly into a
formation. The horse is a larger target than the rider, most horses had
little or no armor, and even the most armored horses weren't entirely
armored. Wounded horses in a charge result in falling men, etc. Given the
ground conditions at Agincourt, I'd think maybe even shortbows could have
stopped the French charge that way, though they might have had a harder
time against the knights who made it to them.

PvK