[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) 3 pairs of sub-attributes. Been done before? --> Superscripts.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (TFT) 3 pairs of sub-attributes. Been done before? --> Superscripts.
- From: Christopher Fuhrman <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 18:27:11 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=lt827xdClyUajgsUAtd8ecIBpiX5vqVH+BSGBUcykbRE93AvaQzcVeCK5KEdS1C+zNXfsAbHshjzUC81O+Tj2CtZE03GNIXv9mx/nuvRh75Q5Jqm5ne8ML+lkpJF6/rBcPeWqaNXd7yRc8X5SEm+8AlWDrou20CTyTKQn+7Kwj8=;
- In-reply-to: <007501c705fb$606f3720$2f01a8c0@Todd>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
With respect to weaknesses regarding three attributes, you've pointed
them out pretty well. Here's a pretty decent (modern) review of TFT I
found, while trying to find some links to alternate attributes:
There were also a few problems with the system itself. Both hits and
fatigue are marked off from ST (GURPS wisely added a fourth ability,
HT, to correct this problem.) Counting talents and spells against IQ
makes jack-of-all-trades characters difficult and encourages players
to put all their earned experience into IQ, raising it to
At the very least, adding a fatigue (HT) attribute will solve the
Conan-the-spell-caster syndrome. A knowledge attribute makes up for
more skills without having to become Einstein.
I played this way in the 80s with some regular TFT gamers. The rules
we followed were based on some guidelines published in a magazine at
the time, which included how to convert 3-stat chars into the 5-stat
version. I don't recall dealing with the 6th stat.
Many of us were D&D/Champions/Gammaworld regulars at the time and
were quite happy with the realism and combat strategy of TFT. The +4
backstab and the double/triple damage were nice pluses to combat
scenarios, but the role playing based on the talents was a lot of
fun, too. Good luck pitching TFT tomorrow.
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
Post to the entire list by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe by mailing to email@example.com with the message body