Re: (TFT) 3 pairs of sub-attributes. Been done before? --> Superscripts.

My own solution to the occasional need to split TFT attributes is to use
disadvantages: Specifically my Limited St, Limited Dx, and Limited IQ disads. So a
character might take high St and levels of Limited St to represent being
tough but not buff, or high Dx and levels of Limited Dx to represent being agile
but clumsy with his hands (or vice versa), or high IQ and levels of Limited IQ
to represent being experienced and strong-willed, but not terribly witty or
perceptive.

I should note that I've recast disads in TFT as negative cost talents;
they're things that give points to buy more talents, spells, etc., rather than
granting points of attributes directly.

Query for the list: Does anyone here have a strong game-design argument in
favor of having TFT disads add to a character's attributes rather than his
"skill points"? Or is it mostly done that way only because the original Space Gamer
article did things that way?

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow