(TFT) Ogre PC

I gave my TFT intro the other night. I can't bring myself to describe in
civilized terms the reaction of my friends. Chilling, maybe. One of them has a
third level ogre cleric in D&D. I converted him as a magic user that wielded a
halberd and had priest talent. I mostly focused on combat assets and
abilities. Instead of giving him TFT spell, my D&D DM wanted me to convert
spells. Well, things didn't go well.

Here's what I did:

ST: 18 DX: 10 IQ: 15 MA: 10

Spells
  1.. Attune (T): +1 to any save  for 1 target (+/-1 to ST/DX/or IQ) Lasts 1d6
rounds. Cost: 1 ST
  2.. Cure Minor Wound (S): heals 1 point of damage. Range: touch.(no -DX
adjustment for adjacent hex). Cost 1ST.
  3.. Denounce (T): -1 to any save for 1 target  (+/-1 to ST/DX or IQ). Lasts
1d6 rounds. Cost 1 ST.
  4.. Devotional (S) +1 to any saves (ST/DX/or IQ) for 30 rounds). Range:
touch (no -DX adjustment for adjacent hex). Cost 2ST.
  5.. Guidance (S): +1 to attack/save, etc. {lost my note on this one}
  6.. Call Upon Faith (S): +3/15% that gods favor die roll/situation. Cost:
2ST
  7.. Cure Light Wounds: (T) Heals 1d6 hit points of damage (or fatigue, if
desired). Reverse does 1d6 damage to opponent. Cost 2ST to heal, 1ST to
inflict damage.
  8.. Sanctuary (S):Wards attackers per D&D spell. Cost 2ST.
  9.. Staff (S). Creates a wizards staff from any piece of wood.

Racial abilities: Tough Hide (stops 2 as "Veteran" talent)

Unarmed combat damage: 1+1. 1+2 in HTH.

The Player was not impressed by the fact that his casting ability was limited
by his DX. I increased his DX over the standard for ogres and increased his IQ
WAY over the standard for giant folk. This had to be done otherwise there was
no chance for him to be a spellcaster.

The DM approached me to introdcue TFT in order to streamline the combat. I
only converted spells that appeared to have some combat applicability. I
suggested that most of the spells: attune, denounce, devotional, guidance
could be mimicked by Aid since TFT's saving throws are attribute based. The DM
wanted me to keep to the spell name and function so it was familiar. The party
would use D&D the rest of the game.

Any suggestions on how to make the character better? I thought he looked
pretty good based on what I think an Ogre Cleric would be like. I did make him
a 1-hex creature. Should he be 2 or 3 hexes? Any input is appreciated.

Aidan