Re: (TFT) First attacks in HTH

--- John J Hyland <johnnyboytmm@juno.com> wrote:

> Of course if you are faster (higher MA) than the other guy you
> can always enter HTH without getting behind him.

Interesting. So you played where HTH initiation by a disengaged
figure by way of the front hexes does not require stopping in the
front hex because of engagement rules?

I'm still not sure if this should be allowed, because it contradicts
the strict rule about stopping all movement as soon as the moving
figure becomes engaged, as many people have pointed out. If it's not
allowed, the only way a disengaged figure could initate HTH would be
via side or rear hexes, right?

But then, I start to see some sense in the condition of the "defender
having his back to the wall." Maybe that rule is to balance the fact
that players could always position themselves with their backs to a
wall to prevent disengaged HTH initiation via a rear hex?

I think this is why scenarios are useful.