Re: (TFT) Twisting the Knight Away

I agree. I alwayst though the "run around" was part of the game. Using movement and tactical positioning to get a beneficial position was what made combat interesting. ----- Original Message ----- From: <dwtulloh61@cox.net>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Cc: "Gavatar" <gavatar@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 6:57 AM
Subject: Re: (TFT) Twisting the Knight Away

Doesn't that negate the benefits of winning the initiative?

It seems to me that a player who allows his foe to run
around him has been beaten tactically.  Maybe I just
dont appreciate the issue.

---- Gavatar <gavatar@comcast.net> wrote:
I do a similar thing, Rick.  I allow a facing change
immediatly before or after moving, or immediately
when a foe engages you (I don't do the -2 dx
penalty, though). That fixed the run-around.

With multiple foes, it may be advantageous at times
to save their facing change if you anticipate a
nastier foe charging in.

From: "Rick Smith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>